Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What a Relief It Would Be!

I'll admit it: I'm a bit scattered and absent-minded. (Can you hear the bitter laughter of my friends as they say, "Yeah, just a bit!"). A wonderful innovation for people like me has been the way you can find your phone just by dialing the number.

Why stop there?

I think there are a number of important personal items that need the same kind of monitoring system. Wouldn't it be great if there were an app that found them for you at the push of a button? We could call it the "Relief Map App," and here's how it works:

You know how when you go the Visitor's Center of a state park, you sometimes find a relief map of all the important sites? Often, these can be lit up. In other words, when you press a button, a light goes on, showing you exactly where to find the restrooms, handicapped access, campgrounds, etc. 

Wouldn't it be great if we could push a button on our phones to find out where missing items are in our own personal Relief Maps? Think how much time we'd save!

Here are some of the things I would like to have set up so I can find with the push of a button:

- keys;
- glasses;
- sunglasses;
- checkbook;
- money;
- lip gloss;
- the nearest nice single man (hey, I can say what I'd like to have, right?).

I'm serious, you guys: this one's not that far-fetched. Think about it: we have an app that allows us to play Scrabble with a stranger in Scranton. Why should a few items vital to our very existence stay undetectable in the immediate vicinity?

Will someone please design this? I'll be happy to split the returns, 50-50.



No comments:

Post a Comment